St Chad’s Anglican Church was founded just after the Second World War, a small Anglican parish surrounded by larger ones. After a humble beginning in 1947, in a store front on 16th Ave., activities moved to the present hall in 1948, and to the church itself in 1955.
The church is a member of the worldwide Anglican Communion in the Diocese of New Westminster.and is a church tradition based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.
The church was named after St. Chad, a Bishop of Mercia in the 7th century. He is regarded as the missionary who introduced Christianity to the East Saxon. Our parish is also committed to introduce Christ to people from the east and the west.
We acknowledge that St. Chad’s is located on the unceded ancestral land of the Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish Nations. We give thanks for the shared land of the Coast Salish Peoples, on which we gather to work, pray, and worship.
We are committed to worship, learn, connect, invite and serve together.
The Five Marks of Our Anglican Mission
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth