Our History

St Chad’s Anglican Church was founded just after the Second World War. After a humble beginning in 1947, in a storefront on 16th Ave., activities eventually moved to the church building at Trafalgar and 23rd Avenue (Vancouver, BC) in 1955.

The church is a member of the worldwide Anglican Communion in the Diocese of New Westminster and is a church tradition based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

The church was named after St. Chad, a Bishop of Mercia in the 7th century. He is regarded as the missionary who introduced Christianity to East Saxon. Our parish is also committed to introducing Christ to people from the east and the west. The parish was inspired by St Chad and committed itself to introduce Christ to people from the east and west.

After almost seven decades of faithful ministry at Trafalgar and 23rd Avenue, the parish has decided to move on to the next chapter of its story. St Chad’s closure at Trafalgar and 23rd Avenue is not the end of the story of the parish. Instead, we will be released to turn to the next chapter of its story – planting a new St Chad to 1) carry on its spirit; 2) honor its legacy, and 3) continue our commitment to a spiritual home for the Chinese-speaking community (and other Asian communities).